Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Waiting on the Right One

God has a plan for us, all of us. We will never know it until it's already unfolding before us, but He does have a plan. I trust that He will steer me the way I need to go, and I know that someday He will get me on the path to the person meant for me. We will find each other. I just know it.

Story of Us

I hear songs of love and loss, of heartache and heartthrob
I watch people in the rollercoaster they go through
But, I wait for you
Is it the fear of rejection?
Is it the anxiety of a date?
Self-conscious of my looks
Over-thinking an imaginary plan
I know you are out there wondering about me
I know you will be the right man
You will have to tolerate if not love my humor
And, I will love yours
You will have to handle my independence
And, I will be dependent on you
Our careers will clash, I’m sure
But, we will make it work
I’ll confide my insecurities to you
Knowing my security will be in you
I’ll try to hold back my tears to be tough
But, you’ll know the softness of my soul turns to mush
I don’t try to be perfect nor do I seek it
And, if you’re the right one, you’ll love me imperfect
I’m sure we won’t agree, we’ll argue and fight
But, I’m not so stubborn enough to always be right
We will have difference
But, I will love you for them
You’ll love my love of learning
Because there is much I don’t know
People will wonder about you
Ponder why I adore you
But, those people don’t know the love I do
The love I have for only you
I’ll hear song after song
And, cliché after cliché
But, I’ll wait for you
I’ll wait for that day
I don’t rush into anything
It’s not me
I’ll take it step by step
But, you’ll wait for me to catch up
You’ll be patient, unlike some
You’ll let me have my way, unlike others
If you are the right one, you’ll hold my hand the whole way
And, knowing I’ll come back, you’ll let me stray
So, we may be tomorrow or ten years from now
But, I’ll wait for you, my love, wait for that very day
Knowing we finally meet, our love will know no bounds
And, you’ll be my love forever to stay.
 
-Lovely Bones


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave questions, comments or constructive criticism. But, be appropriate.