Monday, July 19, 2010

New Name and New People

Okay before you ask, no the new name has nothing to do with meeting new people. Two completely different situations here. Alright now that's cleared up...

The new name. Well, I'm not going to deny it. Things are changing, but they are good things. My teacher finished her book and started a blog http://serendipiteeblog.com/, my close friends and I are going off to different colleges (but we won't be far), and the friends I will be leaving behind are exploring ways into the writing world. I'm still writing a story (hoping I can take it far). I am going to college on academic and athletic scholarships, and I have decided to major in Biology. Also, I am going to try to find some way at college to continue writing stories (I found out they don't have a newspaper...but they have this writing center thing that I will try). The same three elements that stuck me the nickname Bones are sticking with me in college. The three elements that basically define me, my roots, my bones. They are my frame like a skeleton, and they hold me together just like bones are supposed to do. I branch from them to make muscles and bloom to form skin, but golf, writing, and forensics make up the foundation I stand on, the one people recongize me. How did I get the name? My dad started to call me that last summer when I went to Lipscomb because I am going into forensics. Not necessary anthropology but still serology deals with parts of a human. "Bones" went from a nickname due to my ambitions to golf. My dad wrote it on every scorecard when we played a round together (him being "Old Man"), and my high school golf team took nicknames of their own because of "Bones." From there it found its way into my high school newspaper staff. I put it on the back of my staff shirt and used it in our laser tag games. Most (if not all) of the staff knew that I am going into the forensics field, so "Bones" made sense. I use it for my comments. It's going to serve as a reminder of my roots, my bones, the people who helped me get this far and support me in whatever comes my way. But bones don't go unchecked, so I'm not leaving you guys. I'm only an hour and a half away and trust me I'm coming to visit any chance I get. I've written this in one of my friend's yearbooks, but it needs to be said to all of you. This is NOT (I repeat NOT) a "good-bye," it's more like a "see you later" because I'm coming back just not until a little later.

The new people. This part is much more self explanitory. I had freshman orientation today and met new people as well as reaquainting myself with old ones. It was awkward. It was quiet (very quiet), but some how I was able to possibly start a new friendship. She has hinted some aspects of my older friends, but I don't really know too well yet. I got my schedule, but I don't have a roommate assignment...yet. "Are you excited about college?" Yes, no, maybe, sort of, kind of, I don't know. But, I am excited about my classes, and yes, I think that is weird.

Now, you know. I hope nobody cried when reading this. That would make me feel bad, and if you did cry, well I can't say you weren't warned. The events around you were the warnings.

Oh, and the sunflower? I wanted a new picture that didn't have me in it and was bright, lively. Also, sunflowers are my favorite flower. The butterfly just made it better.

My blog will be more eventful now. Whether a review on something, a happening of some sort, or just any opinion, I am writing more on here now, and it's because of you. So there. Happy? I'm writing more. :P

Be on your toes though. I may be just around the courner.

*Special Mentioning: I would like to thank J. Lockhart for designing the new banner for my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave questions, comments or constructive criticism. But, be appropriate.