Thursday, October 7, 2010

Do you remember...

"Eh, what's up, doc?"

I love Bugs Bunny. Now and forever. I was never into Mickey Mouse as much as Bugs Bunny and his pals. Always outwitting Elmer Fudd and Daffy. Portraying himself as great in anything and everything he did. He was the top...bunny. I wish they would let him reign again. Bugs taught people of all ages important lessons in life. Never play with dynamite. Someone IS out to get you. Sarcasm is funny only up to a point. Guns are dangerous. Duck season over rabbit season. Aliens DO exist..., and they are out to get you. Even the smallest thing can pack a big punch (figuratively and literally). Bugs is my favorite. I draw my own bunny cartoon from Bugs inspiration.

"I knew I should've taken that left turn at Albuquerque."


He loves lasagna but hates Mondays. Another favorite of mine is Garfield. That scruffy, fat, orange and black cat always cracks me up. I've seen TV shows of him lately, but I think he's just more of a comic strip kind of cartoon. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the TV shows. I just think Garfield didn't have as much of a "water-down" personality that the television shows project nowadays. He's crude. He's rude. But, that's Garfield. He just doesn't really care about anything other than himself. Cat food? Blech. He would dump it on your head. This cat eats fine food. Lasagna being his absolute favorite, and it's also one of mine. I've got three Garfields at home (one of which my dog eyes a lot). I am glad to say that Garfield cartoons still do exist in their full splendor. Hopefully, we can keep this way.


The world of cartoons and television shows has changed much. VERY much. I miss the Angry Beavers, Doug, Hey Arnold, Popeye, CatDog, Hamtaro (yes, I watched the show about talking hamsters), Power Rangers (the original show not the ninth or tenth generation they are in now), and so many others that I can't think of right now. They were the best shows out there. At least, that's what I think. Yeah, they had all the "violence" and "other" content that make the parents of modern day drop their mouths open in shock. But, those cartoons had truth. They told kids to tell the truth and showed the consequences of lying! Some parents look at these shows in disgust because of all the double meanings people have put upon them! Think people! To me, it's better to watch the Coyote fall off the cliff a thousand times than to view some music videos put on YouTube. Society is much more...expressively chaotic. We have a wider acceptance of moral values now than a decade ago. It's hard sometimes to find a middle ground between the preschool counting "cartoons" and...well...Family Guy. Bugs Bunny has that middle ground. Just enough humanity to lead to a lesson with the dash of explosion on the side. A perfect dish. A classic. Don't see much of those lately.

Cartoons are like wine. They age just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave questions, comments or constructive criticism. But, be appropriate.