Monday, October 4, 2010

Quote Me on Mondays!!

I am going to take a page of "quotes" from this book my mom got me, 1001 Things Every College Student Needs to Know (Like Buying Your Books before Exams Start) by Harry H. Harrison Jr., and write my opinion of them. These could be short or really long. It just depends on how it plays out.

Okay, so from page 123 (how weird):

393. You need to know taking notes will help you pay attention--which is, of course, the...uh...point

This is so obvious, but notes are VERY important. You can never have too many notes. Even if the notes you took on the chapter took 15 sheets of paper...Notes can decide the grade you get on that ridiculously difficult exam you took last week...(groveling)...er...The professor may or may not send you notes so take your own anyways.

394. You need to know if you can't read your handwriting now, there's no way you'll decipher them at the end of the semester.

Haha. I could point this out to a couple of my friends, but I think they already know. If you can't read you own handwriting, you epically fail. Just kidding. Seriously, not knowing what your own handwriting says is a major problem. I would suggest typing your notes in class or get a program on your computer that will type the professor's lectures. Recording the lectures works, too, but I wouldn't try it. However, it's up to you.

395. You need to know the Cornell Method for taking notes. Draw a 1.5 inch margin on the left. Take notes on the right side of the paper and add questions pertaining to the notes on the left side.

I don't use this. It's too much of a hassle for me to do in class. I use the list method, which is pretty obvious as to how to do it. You can try this if you want, but I know for sure that this won't work for me. There are other methods besides this one and the list method, too. Just look them up. I'm too lazy and tired to do it right now. Ask me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave questions, comments or constructive criticism. But, be appropriate.