Tuesday, April 19, 2011

An Idea

I wrote this over the weekend.  I'm probably going to write a new one, but I thought it was cool how many song titles can be used in everyday conversations...this however is an exaggeration (obviously).  Between each song title is five or less words that do not make a song title.  It is meant to be funny, in a way.  An experiment if you will...


“Back to December” of “1985”





“Let It Be” because it doesn’t “Breakeven”.

“When You Look Me in the Eyes” “I Can’t Stop Loving You”.

I “Can’t Help Falling in Love”.

You were my “Teenage Dream”.


But, “This Afternoon”, I was “Paranoid”.


“I Gotta Feeling” this was the “Last Time Around”, “The End” of “World War III”.

You said, “Hey There Delilah”.


“What the Hell”?

“That’s Not My Name”!

You said, “Who Do You Love”?

“What’s Love Got to Do with It”?

You say “Heartless” is “Who I Am”, and I “Love the Way You Lie”.


But, you are just an “Olive and an Arrow”.

I should have called “S. O. S.” the “First Time” I screamed “Help!”


So, “Forget You” “Big Boss Man”.

“Hit the Road, Jack”.

“Good Riddance”.


I “Won’t Get Fooled Again”.


Instead, “I’ll Run to You”, “Johnny B. Goode”.

Down the “Boulevard of Broken Dreams” “You Found Me” with “Teardrops on My Guitar”.


“Raindrops Keep Fallin’ on My Head” until I saw you.

You knew “How to Save a Life”, to make things “Much Better”.

I knew how to “Crush”, how to feel that “Burning Love” in my heart.

“1234”

I was “Over You”, “Tyrant”.

“Hey Baby”.


I saw a “Firework”.

“Don’t Speak”. Just “Hold On”.


He took me “Dancing in the Moonlight”.


It was a “Welcome to Paradise”. I didn’t feel like an “American Idiot”.

A permanent “Holiday” from old “Whatsername”. What a “Wonderful World” this could be!


“Cupid” hit me with the “Lovebug”, and I was hooked.


You didn’t say, “Let’s Go Get Stoned” or treat me like one of those “California Girls”.


“Why Can’t I” just “Breathe”?

I looked up to a “Smile”.

“If Today Was Your Last Day”…


“You Belong With Me”, he said.


“When I Come Around”…


I’ll be “With You”. “She Is” “Beautiful”.

“Naturally”. I knew I would “Be Ok”.

He pointed in the distance, “Here Comes the Sun”.

“Hey, Good Lookin’”.

“21 Guns” shot through me.

But, I put on a “Poker Face” and said, “Hey Jude”.

Who’s the “Cotton Eyed Joe”? I bet he “Gives You Hell”.


I’m her “Working Class Hero”. Let’s go “Before He Cheats” again.

“What About Now”? You think you’re a “Real Good Looking Boy”?

I said, “What Did I Do to Your Heart”? I “Busted” you in “Memphis” and in “Sweet Home Alabama”. “Heaven Forbid” you go without being “Hot N Cold”. Calling “634-5789” for a good time.

“Don’t Charge Me for the Crime”!


Why not? “Can I Get a Witness”? You make me have “Suspicious Minds” and give me a “Love Lockdown”.


“I Want to Hold Your Hand”.


I’m going back to “The House That Built Me”.


With someone who loves you “Just the Way You Are”, my love said.


But, I’m “Fallin’ For You”. I “Gotta Be Somebody” to you. “Just Friends”?


It’s too late to “Apologize”. You’re the rash of “Poison Ivy”. “Wake Me Up When September Ends” and see how I feel.


He shook around with no “Mercy”.

“My Life Would Suck Without You”!


“What Goes Around Comes Around”, “Crazy”, my love said. We’re going “Home” “Tonight”.

You’re “Over My Head”, and I won’t “Never Say Never”.

His face was “Burnin’ Up”, but he left, mumbling “I Gotta Woman”.


He pulled me away. “Tonight (I’m Lovin’ You)”.

I smiled. “Goodbye, Apathy”. “Hello Beautiful”.


A “Love Song” brought to life “In the End”.

 
**"Never Say Never" is a Fray song.  I may address this in another post about multiple songs with the same titles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave questions, comments or constructive criticism. But, be appropriate.