Sunday, April 10, 2011

Letter to My Wildest Dreams

Dear my dreams,


You are such curious things.

Always leaving me wondering what you mean.

You show me the strange, horrifying, comforting, and refreshing.

Even some that are caressing or depressing.

But, the message is never quite crystal clear.

The truth, I think, we both seem to fear.

A clue perhaps. A meager hint.

Something other than the images you present.

I stumble, fall, or freeze in scream.

Please tell me, tell me, my troubling little dreams.

You put me out and leave me to dry.

The little I get only makes me cry.

My little dreams, I only ask for a glimpse of the picture.

For that glimpse will make my mind all the richer.

I toss and turn but to no avail.

And, now, I must be off, so I'll say farewell.

You've made your point, so I'll just try to hang on.

Because you take me on a ride a mile long.

I'll lay down my head and try to convince you.

But, you'll send me on another adventure, twice as wild as the last two.

For as I lay down, you rise with the moon.

Good-Night and Farwell, I'll see you soon.

From,


The Dreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave questions, comments or constructive criticism. But, be appropriate.