Monday, February 23, 2009

Highway Bus

As another school day finally ends, I pull out of my parking space and make my way to the line of impatient cars waiting to escape the site of educational prison (prison to most, but an inconvience to others). At last I drive away from the school and gladly head towards home. I must pass through the college street school zone, but my spirits stay high. The last school zone before I'm home free aproaches and I slow down to aquire the appropriate speed of 15 miles per hour. Then to my distaste the yellow cheese wagon hastely gases the pedal so it can pull out right in front of me.

Yeah, thanks that's exactly what I want a dumb block of metal cheese cutting me off from relaxation.

So, by this time I'm upset...not mad (yet) just upset...I keep my distance from the bus but at snail speed. When we (The bus and I) go past the "End of Contruction" sign, I am forced to wait for the metal box to pick up speed, and I think this is only the beginning of the bus annoyances. Before I can cruise at a comfortable speed of 60, I see the yellow lights flashing, and I reluctantly brake. This process is repeat several times. The only two times that really anger me are when the bus drops off one kid(s) then moves at least 10 feet to let the neighboring child(ren) get off.

WHY? Can't the driver just let them all off at once?

It's very irratating to the other drivers when they have to stop and go, stop and go, and so on until the cheese wagon turns onto a different street.

I do have one solution to this very annoying problem. Extend the highway from two lanes to four lanes! People will start to move out towards Pocahontas and Highway 280 because of the elementary school that will be built there, but does anyone who holds a high office in this town even think about that? I surely doubt it. I hope someone realizes this sooner than later because I can already predict what will happen.

But for now I will have to resist ramming my 1988 GMC Jimmy into the hunk of metalic cheese on wheels and suck it up for a least another year. I might be able to last until then...maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave questions, comments or constructive criticism. But, be appropriate.