Friday, February 27, 2009

My Expressed Concern

As another addition to what Travis and Josh have said, I believe some students will put too much on themselves next year. By this I mean the Advance Placement classes. Two of my best friends are scheduling themselves next year so that they have FOUR Advance Placement classes.

I am very concerned for them for certain reasons. One being that I don't know if they will be capable of handling all the work, studing, and time that each class needs in order to do well in them. I myself can only balance two of these classes, AP English III and AP U.S. History, and stay sane (most of the time). Secondly, four AP classes can serious mess with your GPA if you're not careful. It's sink or swim.

I have decided that I will not take more than two AP classes because like Josh said no student should take more than two.

AP classes can shoot you up the rank ladder, but they can also drag you down. Before actually signing up for multiple AP classes I would suggest talking to the teachers that teach them and discuss which classes you want to take with your parents. They may save you from the late night studying and the headaches that come with the classes.

Advance Placement classes are no joke. They will not pardon mistakes. Jesus will forgive, but these strenuous classes won't.

And to my friends that I mentioned (not by name) above, I am not being contrary to your choice of taking four AP classes. I just want you to be cautious and realize the needed effort for taking four AP classes. I'm being your concerned friend. :)

8 comments:

  1. You need to link this on Facebook. I like this quote: Jesus will forgive, but these strenuous classes won't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I said I'm being your concerned friend. I don't want to see either of you fall from your spots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I lose my spot it will be because I've been stuck in regular Spanish for the last two years.
    p.s. Your clock is 2 hours off.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave questions, comments or constructive criticism. But, be appropriate.