Friday, March 5, 2010

Decisions, decisions, hmmm

Okay, so I'm majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice next year at Martin Methodist College because the college has yet to get a major in Chemistry or Forensic Science. I'm also going there to play college golf, which is a big deal for my family and my school since I am the first girl from my high school to sign to play college golf. I plan on trying to joining their newspaper as well because as you might know I love to write.

Now, here's the dilemma. I can't decide what I want to do.

On one hand forensic science is something that I've taken a great interest in, and I really want to get into because every case is like a new puzzle. You collect the evidence and try to piece together the truth and nail the perpetrator. I make it sound easy, but the jobs are so complex. The smells, the sights, and well if you have ever watched CSI you know what I mean. A forensic serologist or any forensic scientist in general will get to experience that (even though I'm kind of hesitant about the dead body part) because it's part of the job. I took an interest in forensic science (honestly) after I watched the CSI show for some time and went to a CSI Camp in 2008 to learn more about forensics. I zoned in on serology because it dealt with the lab work, and that is the type of work that I am determined to do.

On the other hand I am a great writer, and I have my newspaper advisor, current editor-in-chief, sophomore editor-in-chief, and staff members to thank for that. Had I not decided my sophomore year to join The EDGE, I doubt I would hone the writing skills that I have today. And, I highly doubt that this blog would even exist. I also wouldn't have met all the friends I have made because of newspaper. The EDGE has made a significant change in my life. A good one (for those on the newspaper that read this :P). A career in writing has not left my mind. I've been thinking about this type of career about as much as the previously mentioned one. And, like I said it hasn't escaped my mind.

And, since I don't have another hand I'll improvise :P, on my foot my Professional Golf Instructor keeps telling me that with my swing and concept of golf, I could make it to the LPGA! Now, that itself is always exciting to hear, and I will admit I smile at the thought of being an LPGA golfer. But, I don't know where my college golfing career will take me or even how long I will stay with golf. Right now, I plan on playing golf for a long time, but I can't predict the future. An LPGA career is on my mind as well, and as long as I stick with golf and continue to improve, I will definitely consider a possibility. But for now, I'm just looking forward to college golf and my education after high school.

It's a lot to think about, and all of it has been on my mind recently this week. I'd like some suggestions or any comments. I'd like to find a way to incorporate them all, but I have yet to figure out a way to do so. So there :P; that's my dilemma. Hope I didn't burst your brains in the process. I'll have another intriguing post later. Tune in to find out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave questions, comments or constructive criticism. But, be appropriate.