Wednesday, March 24, 2010

What I Wrote in Newspaper Today

Today in Newspaper, we had two songwriters come in and talk about songwriting and writing in general. They had us do an exercise in which we shouted out random words off the top of our heads in three categories: Subjects, Places, and Transportation. One subject was sacrificial chambermaids...but my group didn't use that. We created a story using ninja-pirates, Germany, and a whale. I was thinking of what to write, and I kind of created my own story while the rest of my group made up a different one. I didn't say anything; I just wrote down what I came up with. I didn't want to be rude and impose my ideas onto their creation, so I just quietly (like always :P) jotted it down. Here is the particle story I came up with:

Massive Southwest headliners flew overhead about every two hours. Full of tourists and the occasional CEO. Perfect victims for the perfect attack.
We've got to hurry, thought the ninja pirate captain. Or else the Germans will foil our plan.
"Load the cargo!" the captain yelled.
Ninja pirates charged toward the wooden crates and began hauling the dead, rank baby whales into catapults.
"Prepare to fire!" The captain listened as his orders echoed down the lines of his crew. The men pulled the vomit-inducing whales back and took aim at the next group of corporate planes.
"Fire!"

This is why I am considering a future in writing. It's possible that I may change my mind on careers...yet again. But, I don't know. I love newspaper class. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave questions, comments or constructive criticism. But, be appropriate.